Let’s face it; ending a relationship is always difficult and awkward, and something similar can happen with your marketing agency.
You probably have unsaid fears of engaging another marketing agency because you have built an individual bond and relationship with your current one. You’ve also shared your motivation, frustrations and dreams with the agency but unfortunately, things are not working right.
As a successful business owner, you must be ready to take the necessary calculated risks for the sake of your business’s success. If things are not turning out according to your expectations, then it is high time you move on. In this article, we will give you some specific hints and insights on how to switch your marketing agency with as minimum stress and risk as possible.
Signs That it’s Time to Switch Your Marketing Agency
Every year, almost two-thirds of American advertisers plan to review their advertising and marketing agencies. They consider the investment and see whether the marketing strategies provide value for their money.
Therefore, during your review, you should be on the lookout for these common reasons that clearly tell you that you should look for another marketing agency.
- A lack of financial value and return on investment- If your current marketing agency is consistently not delivering to your expectations, then it is necessary a change. The trigger can be anything, from late deadlines to unrealistic performance metrics that negatively affect your business.
- A lack of transparency from the agency- If the agency does not regularly update you on the campaign performance, trends and budget spend then it is a clear indication that you should move to a more trustworthy and reliable agent.
- If your agency does not strategize with you– At times, you may have different perspectives regarding your marketing strategy, which is perfectly normal. However, in as much as you hired the agency for its professional expertise, you have the right to switch to another agency if you do not have faith in the agency’s plan.
Preparing for A Seamless Transition To A New Marketing Agency
There are a few vital questions you need to ask yourself before you make the switch to ensure that your next marketing agency does not frustrate you again. Some of the essential questions include:
- Why am I making this significant change, and what do I want for my business?
- What made me end my relationship with my previous marketing agency?
- Am I ready to dedicate my time, effort and resources to a new agency?
- Will I be ready to open up to another marketing agency about my goals, failures and frustrations?
Asking yourself these questions will be significant since the new agency will need time to plan unique strategies and tactics based on what you liked and did not like from your current agency.
What to Look for When Engaging a New Digital Marketing Agency
With the growing number of marketing agencies, you have to be picky and look at the nitty-gritty aspects of each company to ensure that you get the right fit for your business. You could use these metrics to be more specific and find the best agency.
- Get a company that under-promises and over-delivers (not the other way round) and has been able to succeed through its strategies.
- Get an agency that is always ready to help your business, transparent, reports regularly and often asks you for feedback. This will be insightful indicators that the company is trustworthy, and they have a genuine interest in helping your business.
- Look for a company that aligns with your goals and idea of success, and supports your internal staff when needed.
- You also have to ensure that you get a company that scores exceptionally well on the Net Promoter Score (NPS). NPS collects reviews of clients who have worked previously or are still working with them.
By implementing these strategies and tips, you will be well suited to kick-starting a new relationship with a new reliable digital marketing agency.
WEBITMD is a Platinum HubSpot agency that genuinely cares for its clients’ progress. Our Growth Stack brings together the strategy and tactics to drive measurable business growth. Feel free to call us toll-free at (877) 959-6108 to discuss how we can take your business to the next level. (For real!)