Happy Birthday Facebook! On February 4, 2010 Facebook officially turned 6 years old. Facebook is used world-wide and has become the platform for internet networking with over 400 million users and more than 900 employees.
Quick Facebook facts:
1. The average user spends about 55 minutes a day on Facebook- this is equal to over 8% of their day.
2. Facebook is now able to be viewed in 65 different languages.
3. 30% of Facebook users are from/in Europe.
4. Every day 35 million users update their status and 20 million become fans of pages. (There are 1.6 million fan pages, by the way).
5. Of the 1.6 million fan pages, 700,000 are local businesses.
6. 2.5 billion Photos are uploaded every month by users.
7. Each month 3.5 million events are created.
Did we mention that now users don’t have to wait until they get home to log onto Facebook? The Facebook mobile application is supported by three phones: Blackberry, iPhone, and the new Android. Facebook mobile has 100 million monthly users and is still growing.
Facebook is dominating the networking game on all levels; especially for marketers. People can directly advertise to their target market via Facebook using pay per click. You can use Facebook as a tool that will post your ad on the pages of those people you select to target- a marketers dream come true. No wonder Facebook is a billion dollar company.
WebitMD knows the value and importance of marketing via social networks like Facebook. It is crucial that businesses, especially local businesses, take advantage of getting their name out to members of their community and using Facebook pages to reach people is the fastest way. WebiMD specialized in social media marketing among the other services we offer.
Information provided by: mashable.com
Written by: Samantha J Stephan