If you want your business to grow, you need the perfect mixture of content marketing and SEO. They are a team that will take your marketing strategy over the top. It can get tricky to distinguish the two, however. Think of it as a recipe where you need both ingredients. SEO and content marketing are basically two peas in a pod; you need both to be successful. However, it is essential to understand the difference between the two disciplines and how they work together. This article will explore a few key differences between SEO and Content Marketing.
Content Marketing and SEO
If you want to understand the critical differences between content marketing and SEO, it helps examine both concepts. SEO stands for search engine optimization and is just a group of rules and keywords to get your content as highly placed on a data search as possible. Studies show that 28.5% of people searching for anything click on the first search result. The percentages drop with each output below the first, so it is evident that you want to be as highly placed as possible. Content marketing is exactly what it sounds like the attempt to market content on your site and then attempt to drive people to read your content.
The Differences Between Content Marketing and SEO
Although you need both content marketing and SEO to get your message across, there are some key differences:
- Technique- SEO is more technical and has to do with understanding search engines’ structure and how they react to keywords. Content marketing is how to write content interesting enough to get exposure.
- Strategy- In its basics, SEO has a simple procedure. Use keywords to cause the search engine to place you high on a list. Content marketing is much more difficult. You must write engaging content to make people interested in your product or service.
- Purpose- If no one finds your content, no one reads it. If your content is not engaging, you will not sell your product or service. SEO writing makes it possible that your content gets read as it is appropriately placed on a search engine list. Content writing ensures your product or service is marketed correctly to make people want to engage with it.
How WEBITMD Can Help
WEBITMD builds on a foundation of how people consume information by using a growth stack that uses both SEO and content marketing to help grow your business as you are busy running it. We have some key strategies we use to optimize your web content to aid in the growth of your organization:
- Deep dive- We look deeply into your business and customize a growth stack that works perfectly for your business.
- Goals- We set ambitious goals so you can clearly see the improvement of your business.
- Consistent messaging- We ensure that your product or service has a voice by keeping your message consistent through all channels.