It almost goes without saying that we are witnessing a key turning point in nearly every industry worldwide. The idea of transitioning to exclusively contactless marketing strategies may have seemed strange, today seems necessary. The shift towards a more digital first approach to your businesses marketing & sales strategy is critical for lasting success.
However, during the historic recent events, we are now tasked with making this transition in record time while trying to maintain positive results. Fortunately, strong leaders know that with any hardship comes tremendous opportunity for growth. Take the time to identify problems and craft solutions to strengthen your overall marketing strategy.
This is the Perfect Time for Reflection
Gather your team for a remote video call and use this time to analyze areas that are sometimes neglected during busier times. Get back to the fundamentals to pinpoint areas where improvement is needed the most.
- Open your minds to new solutions that may not have seemed quite practical before. Brainstorm new ways to repurpose old marketing materials into new digital formats. If possible, make old content more uplifting and shareable to inspire established and potential customers to share.
- Use this time to educate yourself and your team on new apps and programs for producing more online content. Encourage your teams to cross-train in different areas to allow for more diverse insight into marketing strategies. An added advantage to this is your team will be expanding their own skill sets, which can boost morale.
- Draft webinars to educate employees and customers on new strategies you’re implementing, new products, or general educational purposes.
- SWOT – Go over your business’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. As you analyze overall ways to improve your strategies, devise ways to turn threats into opportunities. Ask your team to brainstorm “what if” scenarios.
- Review SEO rankings to see where it falls short and update content to boost rankings.
- Enrich your overall digital marketing strategy by writing press releases, professional articles, planning future events and marketing materials, and drafting storylines for videos.
Work on Building Communities and Lifting People Up
- Proactive action beats meditation every time. Focus on improving response times to existing customers. Take a little extra time to get to know them better. Craft surveys and questionnaires to connect with them on a deeper level. You may be surprised at what you find out and your customers may sincerely appreciate your business taking the time to reach out and lift their spirits.
- Take some time on social media to really interact with people and other businesses. Occasionally, we see two large corporations engaging in some playful banter on social media and it ends up going viral. While you may not go viral, building some bridges now may pay off later.
- Seek out opportunities for collaborations with clients and vendors. Whether the collaboration is in digital format or an event later in the year, take advantage of this time to strengthen professional networks. Other companies will be looking to do the same, and the opportunities are endless.
We Can Help Your Business Pivot and Adapt
Creative solutions are what drive innovation forward and separate the best from the rest. WEBITMD is a digital marketing & sales agency focused on growing the bottom line for businesses across various industries. We work together with our clients to identify practical, yet cutting-edge approaches to put your business ahead of the curve.
During this critical time in history think about how your business has been impacted but more importantly think about how you need to adapt and respond to ensure your business keeps growing and prospers.